Sunday, August 5, 2007

gimme just a taste

If this blog wasn't proof enough, I am a product junkie. I love to shop. I love to find new things.

Since I don't qualify for quartlerly bonuses, this is the quarterly highlight of my life. And I must say, this may be better than any bonus I could ever qualify for..

Have you ever dropped way too much money at unmentioned beauty stores because you were looking for the right product that delivered but weren't sure as to what to buy? I've probably invested more money in unused products than any other purchases in my life. The answer to my financial ruin?

Test Tube!

Every 4 months, for only $29.95, I get a plethora of samples and full-sized beauty, anti-aging and skincare products to try and decide if I want to purchase them in the future. In the past I have received the following items (only a small sampling of the samples):

  • Obage Vitamin C Serum (full sized bottle) retails for over $80 . (that alone paid for that test tube and then some)

  • GoSmile 1-week sample whitening treatment (monthly pkg. retails for approximately $100+)

  • GoSmile full-size nighttime therapy treatment toothpaste (retails for $16)

  • Dermaquest C-Lipolic Lip Enhancer (retails for $48. wow! My lips definitely swell. It doesn't always feel good - but it works!)

  • Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion (sample)

  • Bioelements Pumice Peel & Sleepwear (samples)

  • Coupons for various providers in amounts ranging from $15-25 off a purchase. (practically pays for the test tube if you find a product you like OR if you already have a favorite you need to restock.)


I do have to admit. My shopping sprees have been exponentially curved since this program. Do the math, the tube more than pays for itself.

From the website:
"HOW THE TESTTUBE™ PROGRAM WORKS:
STEP 1:Place your order now, and your first TESTTUBE™ will arrive via in 3-4 weeks.
STEP 2:Try your new products and read through the enclosed TESTTUBE™ Beauty guide, which is filled with valuable information on each product and directions for use.
STEP 3:Provide your feedback on the TESTTUBE™ products and it may be used in upcoming issues of NewBeauty! Your comments also help us decide what will be in your next tube.
STEP 4:Look for your next TESTTUBE™ to arrive at your doorstep in a few months.

New Beauty Test Tube ($29.95/tube) http://newbeauty.com/testtube.aspx

*Editor's opinionated, but not professional Tip:

When in doubt? Exfoliate and Hydrate. It's the best regime to fight off wrinkles. (for young skin) Exfoliate with scrubs regularly, but use a "turnover, regenerating" & moisturizing product at night and sunscreen during the day. It should be your beauty bible.

Worried about being able to afford a new upscale beauty regime? Go half and half with drug store brand and your upscale purchases to make your investment last longer. A little goes a long way...something is better than nothing, especially when you are younger. The earlier you start, the easier you'll have it later on...

No comments: